Ah, the last day of February! Time to evaluate my month's goals and set new ones for March.
February's Goals: How Did I Do?
Bible: Study the Book of Romans (Um, no. Again, I totally let this slip, and I feel awful about it.)
Craft: Learn to Knit (This I managed to do. I made a couple of swatches (like this one) using the knit stitch. I'm still learning to purl.)
- Finish Entries for Festival of Breads (Done.)
- Valentine's Day (Done, I guess. DangerBear and I decided we weren't really doing anything special for Valentine's Day this year.)
- Catch Up on Household Filing (Done. Wow, does that feel great! I had a stack of paper about eight inches high, but I forgot to take a picture.)
- Start Tracking Expenses (Nope. I just kept putting it off.)
- The Five Love Languages of Children (Done.)
- The Hurried Child (Done.)
- To Train Up A Child (Almost done.)
- (I also ended up reading a couple of other books that I got from the library. Once I type up my notes, I'll post my reviews of all of these books.)
No, I didn't accomplish all of my goals, but I did more than I would have done if I hadn't set goals at all. I'm trying to look at what worked and what didn't, so I'll have more success in March.
Goals for March
Bible: This month, I'm going to try something different. I have an audio Bible, so I think I'm going to try listening to the Bible in the car when I pick up/drop off Chickpea at school. That should work out to at least an hour each week. To keep me accountable, I've added a little widget to my sidebar. Bible Shared will let me track my progress, in terms of chapters read.
Craft: I'm going to continue with knitting. I thought I'd be able to pick up the purl stitch really quickly, but I still need more practice. My goal is to make a pretty little square with a heart design. It should go quickly once I get the hang of it.
- Set up some kind of system to deal with papers, so I don't keep getting buried!
- Research and start planning our garden (also known as Chickpea's farm business).
- Straighten up the house at least once each day.
- Completely clean the kitchen before going to bed, including unloading the dishwasher.
- Follow my laundry routine. (Wash clothes on Monday and linens on Wednesday.)
- Take my multivitamin every day.
- Drink at least three glasses of water each day. (Our drinking glasses hold about 12 oz.)