Oh, how I love my kitchen timer! As someone who is easily distracted (Ooh look, something shiny!) and doesn't have a good concept of time, my kitchen timer is a lifesaver.
Uses for my timer:
- Track Dishes Cooking in the Oven
- To Remind Me to Take Action (ex: "In two hours I need to add green beans to the slow cooker.")
- Convince Me to Start Cleaning ("It's only fifteen minutes.")
- Time-Outs (Sometimes I forget Chickpea's in time-out because it's so nice and quiet!)
- Keep Laundry Moving
- Make Sure I Don't Spend Too Much Time on the Computer
- Keep Me From Working Too Long on One Project
- To Race Myself ("Let's see if I can clean the kitchen in ten minutes.")
- Making a Cup of Tea
- To Tell Chickpea When It's Time for Bed
- Multitasking (Task A for 15 Minutes, Task B for 10 Minutes, etc.)
DangerBear gave me my kitchen timer for our first Christmas after we were married. It's been dropped a few times, and had to be taped back together.
Occasionally it beeps loudly and starts counting seconds, which it's not supposed to be able to do... But I love my timer!
Check out more Works for Me Wednesdays.
Labels: Works for Me Wednesday