Welcome to the second edition of Philippians 3:14 Fridays! If you're interested in participating, you can find more information here.
April Goals Update
Reading- I'm about halfway through three of the four books I wanted to read this month, but that's mostly because I started them at the end of March. Actually, there are a lot more books I want to read this month. I went a little crazy at the Big City library and there is now a big stack of books just begging to be read before the due date. I can renew them twice, and of course, I can always check them out again another time. We'll see.
Craft- No progress on this yet, but I did write out the steps I need to take. That's always the first thing I do for a project.
Projects- I got out the things I need to create my dinner binder, and I'm pretty excited about it. It should make meal planning much easier. I've also continued to make progress organizing papers and information. I'm refining the way I use my Post-It wall and my little whiteboard.
- Laundry- Doing well with my laundry schedule. I was tempted to go to bed last night with laundry still in the dryer, but I picked myself up and finished it.
- Meal Planning- I'm having a lot of fun planning meals, because I started typing them up in a pretty script font and describing the dishes like a restaurant menu. Then I post it on the refrigerator. (Tonight's dinner: "Individual chicken pot pies with juicy poached chicken, potatoes, green beans, carrots, and corn. Topped with a flaky buttermilk biscuit crust.")
- Cleaning- I've kept up with the house and cleaning the kitchen before bed. I was tempted last night to go to bed with dishes in the sink, but I knew I wouldn't want to wake up to a messy kitchen, so I washed them.
- Dinner Prep/Cooking- I've made dinner all but two nights so far. One night was planned, to celebrate Chickpea's good report card. The other time, I had dinner planned, but DangerBear wanted to go out instead. At first, I was a little bit annoyed because I wouldn't get my check mark, but then I got my priorities in order. I cook dinner to make my husband happy. If he wants to go out, then I should submit without complaint. It's not like he'd have to twist my arm anyway! =)
- Bible- I've been reading daily. Sometimes only a chapter or two, but every day.
- Playing Outside/Playing With Chickpea/Setting Up Playdates- Doing very well with these. We're getting into the habit of going to the park most days, and she had a playdate yesterday.
- Health Goals- I've been taking my vitamin and drinking water, and I've actually had breakfast every day! It's really weird and I don't particularly like it, but I'm getting used to it.
I've been feeling a little overwhelmed the last few days. DangerBear has asked me to help with his business every day instead of twice a week, so it's really like a part-time job (except I can take Chickpea with me). I'm trying to manage my time well, but I sometimes fall prey to time-wasters like watching movies.
I'm not going to give up, though! I've set similar goals for myself many, many times in the past, and I've always failed. I'd be determined to cook dinner every night, and after a week I couldn't do it anymore. Now, though, I'm not only cooking decent meals, but I'm actually enjoying it. I'm not arguing with myself about whether or not I should cook; I just do it. I don't know why this time is different from the others, but it is. I really, really want these goals to turn into habits!
So What About You?
How are you doing on your goals?