Several of you were interested in the monthly goal tracker form (see my post here), so I made a more generic version to share with you. It's a Microsoft Word document. I don't really know what I'm doing, and I have a tendency to "reinvent the wheel," so if you have a problem or a suggestion, please let me know!
With regards to my downloads, I'd like to ask two favors of you:
- If you'd like to share the download with anyone else, please refer them to my site to download it.
- Please don't remove the footer at the bottom of the page. I'm just vain that way.
How to Set It Up
Once you download and open the document, you can customize it with your own goals and projects:
- The Date- Click on the month and year fields to fill in... the month and year! Aren't you glad you have these instructions?
- Daily Goals- There's room for twelve daily goals. Click on each field (labeled "Goal") and type one of your goals. Try to keep it super-short; just a word or two. If you don't need all the columns, just click the "Goal" field and hit delete. You can just leave the columns empty, or mess around with deleting them.
- Weekly Goals- You can put up to seven weekly goals here. Click the "Goal" field and type a goal. To the right of each goal are five circles, each with a "Date" label. You can just delete the labels if you want, or you can type in the dates you want to do the goal. For example, I want to set up a playdate for Chickpea each Friday this month, so my circles are labeled 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, and 5/29. Clear as mud? Just delete whatever you don't need!
- Reading- Depending on how many books you want to read, I put this in both columns. The left column has room for two books, and the right column has room for a few more. (When I did my own goal tracker, I had a bunch of projects and didn't have room for books on the right-hand column.) You can delete them from wherever you don't want them. Anyhoo, click on the "Book Title" field and, well, you know. All the circles under each book are for chapters read. There are forty circles for each book. If you read books of that length, you have my praise. Delete any you don't want. =)
- Projects- There are, I think, ten project spaces in the right-hand column. Just click the "Project Title" field and enter a quick description of the project you want to work on. Then just type in your tasks; these are the individual steps needed to accomplish your project. Just hit "enter" to add more tasks, and delete any project spaces you don't need. If you can't fit it all on one page, well, maybe you're trying to do too much. Plus, I didn't feel like designing a two page project planner. :)
- I think that's it. I've never made something quite as customize-able-ish before, so let me know if you have any problems/suggestions/chocolate.