I don't like having lots of little gadgets and appliances in the kitchen, although I love looking at them in Williams Sonoma. I prefer to have items that I can use for more than one purpose. Here's one example:
My Gravy Separator
(Yes I know the picture is sideways. I've never had a problem with this, but Blogger was driving me nuts. I have groceries to put away, so it's staying sideways.)
I bought it one year at Thanksgiving to, well, separate gravy. For a while that was its only purpose, until I realized that I could use the mesh strainer on its own.
Now I use it for other things as well, such as...
- serving the gravy, so I don't need a gravy boat
- mise en place (holding water or other liquid so it's ready while I'm cooking)
- sifting powdered sugar (it sifts right into the container so I can measure as I go)
- dusting my work surface with flour
- dusting baked goods (like cake or french toast) with powdered sugar
- straining small amounts of jam or preserves
All that from one little tool! That definitely Works for Me!
How do you get the most from your kitchen gadgets?
Labels: Works for Me Wednesday