Ah, it's Friday! Not only that, but it's the start of a new month! Goodness, April went quickly, didn't it? I had a good time deciding my goals for May.
My April Goals: Final Report
Meh. I lost my momentum and didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I have to remember that it's still an improvement.
Reading: I finished three of the four books I planned to read. I decided to save the fourth book for another time because I went nuts at the library and wanted to read those books before they had to be returned.
Craft: I didn't even touch my scrapbooking stuff.
- Papers/Information: I went through almost all of the magazines and catalogs that were lying around, which feels great! I'm also continuing to fine-tune the way I handle papers, tasks, etc.
- Garden: We're almost done preparing the soil for the garden, but are being held up by lots of rain.
- Seasonal Clothing Switch: I went through the bin of summer clothing. Now I just have to remove outgrown clothing and cold-weather stuff from Chickpea's drawers and make a list of the summer clothes she needs.
- Dinner Binder: Okay, this isn't done, but I've got the basic setup and have typed up a bunch of recipes. I just need to sit down and type one or two each day and I'll be all set. So I count this as half-accomplished.
- Laundry Schedule: I followed it for the first half of the month but then got off track. At the moment I'm sitting next to a big pile of unfolded laundry and staring at a pile of ironing. I'm totally going to get back on track with this, though!
- Meal Planning: Still enjoying planning meals.
- Straighten Up House/Clean Kitchen: Again, I lost momentum here. I need to get into the habit of cleaning up after myself as I go, so the house stayed picked up. As for the kitchen, my sink drain still isn't working, which is driving me nuts. Sometimes I let that be an excuse for why I don't clean the kitchen, which is silly and lazy.
- 15 Minutes Cleaning Each Day: Had a really hard time with this. For May I'm going to create a little schedule of exactly what I want to clean each day. This was a very easy goal to procrastinate.
- Dinner Prep/Cook Dinner: I've done pretty well with this, though I still need to improve. I'm starting to enjoy cooking more, and to enjoy using fresh ingredients, especially garlic. =)
- Read Bible: I didn't finish the New Testament, but I read my Bible more days than not.
- Park/Activity With Chickpea: I've done this almost every day, either going to the park or playing a fun game or what-have-you. We haven't been to the park in a week because of soggy weather, but hopefully we'll get some sunshine soon.
- Playdate: She's had a playdate each week for the entire month. Woohoo!
- Vitamin/Water: I've done this almost every day.
- Breakfast: I've had breakfast each morning more often than not. Usually just a very small bowl of cereal.
My Goals for May
This time I've created a one-page document that has all of my goals and projects on it, which I hope will make it easier for me to keep track of what I want to do. I'll post a picture of it next week.
- Read the Bible Each Day: My goal is to read through the Epistles.
- Journal Each Evening
- Play Outside with Chickpea (Weather Permitting)
- Follow My Cleaning Schedule: Includes keeping the bathroom clean, vacuuming, and organizing the refrigerator.
- Prepare Dinner Early: I'm going to try to do my dinner prep a little at a time. When I make breakfast, I can start the rice, for example. Or cut vegetables while preparing lunch. We'll see what works best.
- Cook Dinner
- Straighten Up House
- Clean Kitchen Before Bed
- Vitamin/3 Glasses of Water
- Eat Breakfast
- Fruit: Eat a piece of fruit with breakfast and before lunch.
- Meal Plan Each Wednesday
- Set Up Playdate Each Friday
- Laundry on Monday and Wednesday
- Organize Scrapbooking "Ephemera" and Photos
- Paper/Information: Work on my filing, get e-mail under control, and get into the habit of using my running task list and calendar.
- State Fair: Gather recipes and start planning! I like to enter the baking contests. =)
- Garden: For heaven's sake, we need to plant!
- Dinner Binder: Finish it up and start using it.
- Organize Kitchen Cabinets: 'nuff said.
- Father's Day: Decide what Chickpea and I are going to do for DangerBear.
- Activities for Chickpea: Figure out what activities she can do over the summer, like sports, library storytime, etc.
Phew! I'm going to be busy this month. =) How about you? Enter the Mr. Linky below and share the goals you're setting for yourself!
Labels: Philippians 3:14 Fridays